GITEX Supernova Challenge
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF GITEX FUTURE STARS 2018 SUPERNOVA CHALLENGE!
Best Social Impact
Best GCC & MENA Startup
Level of Innovation: originality of the idea
Potential: longevity, actualization and profitability
Team: who is your team and how will they make your company a success?
Goodness: What is the impact of your product on social, cultural, and/or environmental issues.
Please note: In addition to being an exhibitor, all startups entering the competition must be:
- at most 5 years of age
- must use technology in their products or services
- must have have scalable business solutions
Supernova Application Guideline
NEW: Generic corporate videos / animated videos are accepted!
Please see below for criteria and guidelines:
- Video must be a maximum of 3 minutes
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo
- Video does not need to be animated or require any significant production value – a high quality camera on a mobile phone is sufficient. Ie. It can be a ‘selfie’ styled video with a team member(s) addressing the guiding questions below or a PPT video.
- You can apply to only ONE category on the pitch competition. By default ALL shortlisted startups are eligible to the Supernova Champion Category.
- Give a high-level summary of what your company does?
- What is the problem you are looking to solve and why should your audience care?
- What is the size of your market?
- What is the size of your team ?
- What do your customers need and why?
- What is your sales and distribution model?
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- How much are you looking to raise?
- What will you use your money on?
The Champions of 2017
Sadeem Technology took home the $100k first prize winner for Best Global Startup, Melltoo won Best Female Led Startup, Cherpa won Best Youth Startup & Modeo Systems won Best Disruptive Startup.
All day we had seen our incredible finalists take to the 10x Stage to present their pitches to our judging panel.
Check out the post-win interviews of 2017 Supernova Champs here!
Our experience was amazing... being the winners of the event makes it one of the highlights in timeline as a startup surely and in my life truly.