GITEX Supernova Challenge
US$180K prize pool - the 3rd largest for startups globally split across 9x categories
Best Social Impact
What's new in 2018
Pitch practice: Pitch practice sessions between finalists & VCs organized by GITEX Future Stars.
More exposure: Guaranteed Media Presence in the Finals & Livestream on GFS social media channels.
New categories: 4x new categories = 4x more winners!
Audience vote: 20% your score will be decided by the audience to encourage engagement with your fellow entrepreneurs.
Please note: Only startups that are exhibiting at GITEX Future Stars 2018 are eligible for the Supernova Challenge. You can register your interest to exhibit below.
Level of Innovation: originality of the idea
Potential: longevity, actualization and profitability
Team: who is your team and how will they make your company a success?
Goodness: What is the impact of your product on social, cultural, and/or environmental issues.
Please note: In addition to being an exhibitor, all startups entering the competition must be at most 5 years of age, must use technology in their products or services, and must have received under US$2 million in funding and have scalable business solutions.
Supernova Application Guideline
All entries are required to send a tailored application video. Please see below for criteria and guidelines:
- Video must be a maximum of 3 minutes
- Video must address guideline questions below
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo
- Video must be tailor made to the Supernova Challenge. We will not accept corporate videos or any generic pre-made an
- Video does not need to be animated or require any significant production value – a high quality camera on a mobile phone is sufficient. Ie. It can be a ‘selfie’ styled video with a team member(s) addressing the guiding questions below or a PPT video.
- Give a high-level summary of what your company does?
- What is the problem you are looking to solve and why should your audience care?
- What is the size of your market?
- What is the size of your team ?
- What do your customers need and why?
- What is your sales and distribution model?
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- How much are you looking to raise?
- What will you use your money on?
Stay tuned! Applications will open by end of July!
The Champions of 2017
Sadeem Technology took home the $100k first prize winner for Best Global Startup, Melltoo won Best Female Led Startup, Cherpa won Best Youth Startup & Modeo Systems won Best Disruptive Startup.
All day we had seen our incredible finalists take to the 10x Stage to present their pitches to our judging panel.
Check out the post-win interviews of 2017 Supernova Champs here!
Am I guaranteed to pitch?
How will the winners and finalists be chosen?
Can I pitch if I am not exhibiting at GITEX Future Stars?
What happens if i win?
Firstly - congrats. Secondly, you'll be swept up into a photo opportunity with our media. You'll have your picture taken with the judges on stage, mentioned in all marketing and be asked for a quote so we can tell the world how fantastic you feel.
Like the Oscars, there won't be too much time for long acceptance speeches. So keep that in mind.
The money. What do I leave with?
Our experience was amazing... being the winners of the event makes it one of the highlights in timeline as a startup surely and in my life truly.